5 Things to Do in the 505 in December.
The holidays are one of my very favorite times of the year. I love the Christmas music, the bite of chill in the air, the ridiculously good treats that people make that does nothing to help your exercise goals. In the spirit of holiday sharing, I thought I would share with you 5 things to do in the 505 in December. And believe me, there is a LOT to do.
– December 2, 5-9pm. There is no shortage of things to do at the Old Town Holiday Stroll. It’s packed with shopping, eating, dancing, and museums. Don’t forget the tree lighting at 6pm. My tip? Get there EARLY. It’s packed with people out to experience the magic of the night.
– Nov. 26- Dec 30, 6-9pm. One of my VERY favorite things to do during the holiday season. Go check out the botanical gardens amazing lighting displays. There are sculptures that light up and lights that move. It is really incredible. (tickets required).
– It’s too late to buy tickets to this years Polar Bear Express event (or keep an eye out on Craigslist), but you can ride the zoo/botanical garden train and drink hot cocoa on the Polar Bear Express. Keep it in mind for next year! It’s a crazy popular event. There is also an Adult Night hosted on the Polar Bear Express, December 15th. Get your tickets before they sell out. Otherwise get your tickets for the Adult New years Eve Eve Express hosted Friday Dec 30th. Ring in the New Year riding the rails with an adult beverage, sweet treat and a gourmet meal in the Shark Reef Café is included.
– Dec 24, Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 25. If you aren’t a native New Mexican, you may not be aware of this annual event. It’s pretty spectacular. On Christmas Eve certain neighborhoods throughout the city set out luminarias and droves of people walk through the neighborhoods or ride on city buses (pre-purchased tickets) to view the New Mexican tradition.
– Sat., Dec 3, 5:15pm. Check out Albuquerque’s Premier Holiday Parade on Dec 3. Full of dazzling displays of lavishly decorated cars and floats, it is a fun way to spend the night. Bonus? Tons of local businesses are located on the Historic Rt 66 at Nob Hill and are open for holiday shoppers looking for the perfect gifts.
Honorable Mentions- Nob Hill Shop and Stroll, religious events at your chosen institution, making cookies with family, decorating your house, creating new traditions, the list goes on…