Ever since my daughter was born seven months ago, I’ve searched “easy dinner” on Pinterest about a million times. I need my recipes to be easy, healthy and made from ingredients that I keep on hand. I have to admit, my go to spaghetti recipe did not come from Pinterest. It’s a family favorite my mom taught me.
This recipe is too good (and easy) to keep secret. Plus, it’s low carb, gluten free and full of veggies! All the ingredients can be purchased at Costco. I love that I can buy everything in bulk and have leftovers.
Easy and Delicious Spaghetti with Squash
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 26g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrates 16g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1lb. Ground Beef
- 1 24 oz. Jar of Spaghetti Sauce (I use Bertolli)
- 3-4 Yellow Squash
- 2-3 Zucchini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese for topping
For the sauce
- I like to make the sauce in the morning and put it in the crockpot on low to have for lunch or dinner. This saves time and enhances the flavor!
- In a large skillet, heat 2 TBS olive oil over medium heat. Add half the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain the beef.
- Add the jar of sauce and cooked meat to your crockpot and cook on low until you're ready to use it.
For the squash
- Rinse squash and zucchini (peel if you prefer).
- Slice into approximately 1/4 inch rounds.
- In a large skillet heat 2 TBS olive oil over medium heat. Add the other half of the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the squash and zucchini.
- Stir occasionally and cook until the squash is tender but not too mushy-about 15-20 minutes.
- You may need to add 1/4-1/2 cup of water during the cooking process.
- Pour sauce over a helping of the sautéed squash and zucchini and top with cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
Albuquerque Moms Blog https://www.citymomsblog.com/