Anyone else get a little panicked as holidays approach? There’s so much to do. Prepare the Easter baskets. Buy the Easter outfits. Do the Easter crafts. Dye the Easter eggs. And of course, prepare Easter dinner.
Who doesn’t love a yummy Easter dinner?
Deviled eggs, delicious rolls, a honey baked ham, and some berry Chantilly cake for dessert? Easter is quickly approaching, and our friends at Whole Foods Market have shared a recipe for Instant Pot Honey Baked Ham.
I love this recipe because it’s just so easy. Put the ham in the Instant Pot, and mix up a sauce. But it also looks beautiful. And it feels special . . . just like you want your holiday to feel. We can help our families and friends know that we value them by presenting them with a special Easter dinner like this one.
(Despite this recipe being a pretty simple one, I know that sometimes cooking is more than I can handle with two little ones at home. So I do keep in the back of my mind that I can even order my entire Easter dinner online at Whole Foods Market. Happy Easter to me!)
Check out the recipe below complete with a video for us visual learners. Enjoy!
- 6-7 lb. fully cooked, spiral, bone-in ham
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ¼ cup coarse ground mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- Spray Instant Pot pan with cooking spray and pour in 1 cup apple juice
- Whisk ½ cup apple juice, 1 cup packed brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. coarse ground mustard and 2 Tbsp. honey
- Place ham (6-7 lb. fully-cooked) in the pot and pour the mixture over the ham.
- Lock the lid in place with the vent closed and set Instant Pot on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the pressure cooker and place it on a baking sheet.
- Combine ½ cup apple juice, 2 Tbsp. coarse mustard and 2 Tbsp. honey in a bowl. Brush the mixture over the cooked ham.
- Rub (and press) 1-cup brown sugar into the top surfaces of the ham (optional if you like a sweeter ham)
- Place the ham under the high broil for 5 minutes or until the glaze is bubbly and caramelized.
- Serve warm or cool.