Between work, kids, and daily household chores, a date night can fall by the wayside. They can feel overwhelming to plan. Who’s going to watch the kids? Don’t worry; we’ve got it handled. Our friends at ABQ Sitters make hiring a sitter nearly effortless and guarantee a great experience. They simplify the process of hiring a FUN, yet responsible and mature babysitter by interviewing and completing background checks on all sitters before they are ever sent to your home.
Now that you have a sitter, comes the second daunting question of date night. What are you going to do?
To make this easier, we have come up with 8 date night categories. We’ve listed some of our contributor’s favorite places in Albuquerque that we know you and your love are sure to enjoy. So schedule a date night, sync your calendars, call an ABQ Sitter, and get ready for some intentional quality time with your partner.
There’s a reason that the dinner date is a classic. Great food brings people together and allows you to have an engaging conversation with your love. Here are some of our favorite restaurants around town that are sure to fill your bellies and bring you foodie joy.
- 5 Great Places to Eat in Albuquerque without Kids
- Rooftop Spots to Eat, Drink, & Enjoy the View of Albuquerque
- A Local Guide to Gluten Free Restaurants
- A few other contributor recommendations :: Backstreet Grill, Campo, Slate Street Cafe, St. Clair Winery & Bistro, The Cellar, and Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro
There’s nothing sexier than someone with brains and a quick wit, right? Check out these date night ideas to appeal to your and your partner’s intellectual side.
- Test your trivia skills and compete against others at various bars around town on their Geeks Who Drink nights.
- Check out Empire Board Game Library where you can play different board games (they have over 500) for only $3/hour per adult.
- Get lost together in good books and browse a bookstore together. One of our favorites in town is Bookworks.
- Do you love solving riddles and clues? Try out an escape room for a thrilling date night. There are many in town, such as New Mexico Escape Room or ABQ XCape Room.
As parents, we take take our kids to do a lot of fun things around town. However, it’s not always fun for us, especially if you have a cranky, sleepy kid in tow. Ditch the kids and get playful with your spouse with these suggestions.
- Try these fun Non-Dinner Dates, which include Explora Adult Nights and the ABQ BioPark
- Get in touch with your inner kid at Hinkle Family Fun Center, where they have laser tag, arcade games, mini golf, and so much more!
- If you want to combine skeeball with some dinner, check out Dave & Busters or Main Event.
- Jump for joy at one of Albuquerque’s trampoline parks. We love Gravity Park and FallOut Trampoline Arena.
One of our favorite things about living in Albuquerque is that we are surrounded by the most beautiful landscape. Enjoy the natural beauty with your partner and plan a date outdoors to truly enjoy the enchantment.
- Grab food to go or have a picnic at one of the many beautiful parks in Albuquerque. Here are 5 Parks in the 505 that we love.
- Take advantage of easy hikes in or near Albuquerque. Tent Rocks is an adventure not too far from Albuquerque. We’ve even compiled a list of great hikes to enjoy the beautiful fall leaves!
- Check off an item that’s on every Burqueños bucket list and go for a hot air balloon ride with Rainbow Ryders.
- Kayak down the Rio Grande with Quiet Waters Paddling Adventures.
Whether you are headed out for a quick drink or extending your date night, enjoying a libation is a great, low-stress way to spend some quality time together. Albuquerque has tons of fantastic, local places to imbibe.
- Albuquerque has exploded with new craft breweries. Visit a couple and order flights to try a lot of different beers and then rank them. One of our favorite places is Red Door Brewing.
- Did you know New Mexico has a rich history of winemaking? Check out the tasting rooms at Casa Rodeña or Gruet Winery.
- If you are wanting to venture out from beer and wine, try some of the local distilleries. Left Turn Distilling hosts fun events throughout the week and Broken Trail Spirits offers tours.
Sometimes you just want to relax with your special someone. Treat yourself and your relationship to some R & R with some pampering.
- Reserve a private tub at Betty’s Bath and Day Spa. If you are feeling really extravagant, opt for a couple’s massage and a Suite Retreat, which includes a private steam room and snacks.
- If you’re able to spend a whole night away, we recommend a staycation at Hotel Parq Central or Hyatt Tamaya.
- Another great overnight option is staying at a local bed and breakfast.
- Sometimes you can’t get away or don’t have the budget. Why not try some DIY options and do some Pampering at Home.
Time to be entertained! Watching a great movie, play, or concert together can spark conversation for days and weeks to come and create some great memories.
- You can find great live music almost any day of the week. It can be an outdoor concert, local musician, or national headliner. Check out our 2018 Guide to Summer Concerts and larger concert venues in Albuquerque, Sandia Amphitheater and Isleta Amphitheater.
- Albuquerque has some great live theatre as well. Catch a show at Tricklock Company, Blackout Theatre, Albuquerque Little Theatre, and Desert Rose Playhouse.
- It may be cliche, but movie dates can be fun. If you are wanting a spin on the classic movie date, try Regal Winrock IMAX, Flix Brewhouse, and Guild Cinema.
A little competition is healthy for a couple. Bring some spice into your relationship by getting physical with one another in a sporty way.
- Challenge your partner to a friendly game of tennis at one of the many local, free courts.
- Practice makes perfect. Work on your skills at a batting cage or the driving range.
- Watch a game together! Albuquerque Isotopes, Albuquerque Sol FC, & UNM Athletics
- Visit our friends at Ten Pins & More for bowling (we won’t judge if you use bumpers).