Today I thought I would share with you 5 places to find cold treats in the 505.
If you are anything like me, one of the most important lists to have during the summer isn’t a bucket list of activities to do (though that’s well and good), but a list of places to find cool treats, because let’s be real- we live in the desert. It gets hot. And when I get hot, I get cranky.
The fastest way for me to cool down without a pool? I’ll give you a hint. It begins with an ice and ends with a cream. I mean, how bad can life be if you have ice cream in hand (or italian ice, or a popsicle, or fill in the blank here with a sugary cold substance)?
5 places to find cold treats in the 505.
- Rita’s Italian Ice- Lots of fun flavors and different things to try. I’m a fan of Misto. Trust me, you won’t regret it (Get the green apple. So. Stinking. Good.) Update::Unfortunately, Rita’s is now closed.
- Bahama Bucks- I love Bahama Bucks. Seriously, their ice is so smooth, it’s like eating snow. But better since you know you aren’t eating something someone may have stepped in.
- I Scream for Ice Cream- Super fun to meet friends there with kiddos. There are lots of toys for kiddos to play with while you chat with mom friends.
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt- Frozen Yogurt that’s self serve. Add a variety of toppings.
- Frost Gelato- Gelato is the bomb. If you haven’t had it before, you are missing out. There are lots of fun flavors to try. Sample a few and then get two flavors in your cup. It’s worth it.
Need some more ideas? Check out this listing from Yelp.
And let’s not forget a family favorite, Sonic during Happy Hour. It makes us all happy.